The Board of Trustees is the governance and administrative body of the Foundation. It represents, manages and assumes all the powers and functions necessary to obtain the goals of the foundation.
The following institutions are represented on the VHIR Board of Trustees, through their members:
- Department of Health of the Generalitat de Catalunya.
- Department of Research and Universities of the Generalitat de Catalunya. The VHIR is a CERCA center, of the Institution Cerca organization that depends on this department.
- Vall d'Hebron University Hospital.
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), of which we are an Affiliated University Research Institute..
- Vall d'Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO). Along with VHIR, it is part of the Accredited Institute of the Vall d'Hebron Campus, an entity that includes the research institutes of Vall d'Hebron that have been accredited by the Instituto de Salud Carlos (ISCIII) as Health Research Institutes.
- The Catalan Health Institute (ICS, by its acronym in Catalan)